It is a privilege to be considered as His men. God is not asking from His men things that are ambiguous. It a great privilege to be called into a sacred ministry.
God’s expectation from his men can be given this acronym – FATS
- F stands for faithfulness. God is not looking for perfect men with 100% ability but faithfulness in everything according to 1 Cor 4:1-2. According to the Bishop, everything around the man will be tested. So, he must look to Jesus Christ who is the Author and Finisher of our faith. He must be faithful in his vow that he made at his ordination and that of his marriage with his wife. He further said every outstanding success depends on faithfulness and effectiveness. He must feed on the word of God and obey it to the letter to have good success. Also, he said not all success are good if not accompanied with faithfulness.
- A stands for Availability. Availability is the best ability. It will increase your ability and effectiveness. But many of us are not always available.
- T stands for Teachability. According to Acts 4:13, when they considered the boldness of Peter and John, they took knowledge that they had been with Jesus Christ. Every member must be teachable and ready for correction. When a child refuses instructions, you can predict where he will end. Young Priests cannot claim not to have models.
- S stands for Service. Service is the whole essence of man and not to apply for political position. Our services are not to anybody but to the Lord. When you serve God, He is not unrighteous to reward the labour of love. God honours hardworking. Even when you are not appreciated (Heb 6:10; Gen 40:14). When God is with you, nobody can resist you (2 Sam 9:1-3). If you have being serving and the service is genuine, God will remember you. And he prayed that among those that will be remembered, your names shall be there. Man award but God rewards.
THINGS GOD HATES – Proverbs 6:16-21
- A proud look. James 4:7 - Clergy must not be proud
- A lying tongue
- Hands that shed innocent blood.
- A heart that devices evil imaginations.
- Feet that is swift in running to mischief.
- A false witness that speaks lies.
- He that sows discord among the brethren.