(A message preached at the 2018 Strove Tuesday held at St paul s Anglican Church, Ishagatedo, Isolo, Lagos by the Rt Revd Dr. James Olusola Odedeji)
TEXT – Hebrews 12:14-15
Upright living is not negotiable for men of God because we are not the owner of the Word we are preaching. God is the owner. We are only privilege to publish it. To be upright is to stand before God.
Uprightness is asking ourselves Can I appear like this before my Maker?
FACT TO NOTE ABOUT HOLINESS
1. To walk in holiness is to command power. Iniquity facilitates captivity. Each time you commit to unrighteousness, you have opened yourself to the attacker, the devil (Isa 59:1-2).
2. To enjoy iniquity is to surrender authority (Gen. 3:23). A dominator becomes dominated. Impurity and authority cannot walk together (2 Chro 26:5, 16).
3. Availability of iniquity in one s life is to exclude authority from one s life.
POWER OF HOLINESS
1. Power of sonship – Holiness guarantees your sonship. Gal 4:7; Rom 8:17,31< br> 2. Power of God s Presence – When God is with you, the power of God is with you and you become touch not my anointed (Psalm 105:14-15).
3. Power of boldness and faith – When you walk in holiness, the power of boldness and faith are with you (Prov 28:1; Psalm 93:4)
4. Power of Anointing – Anointing makes the difference. Anointing and iniquity can never be friend (Psalm 89:20-24).
IMPORTANCE OF ANOINTING
1. The anointing causes the lifting of the burden and yoke from your life (Isa 10:27)
2. Anointing causes the fulfilment of your assignment with impact. Anointing increases when you run from sin (Acts 10:38).
3. The power of anointing is the power of God s presence in your ministry.
4. Anointing is the key to spiritual insight to see deeper thing. Without revelation, there is no manifestation. You will see beyond ordinary. (1 John 2:10; 1 John 2:10). Your insight is determined by the level of your anointing.
When Holiness is in place in your life, your conscience will be alive. There are three types of conscience – Living Conscience, Conscience sold to the devil and polluted conscience.
When you walk in holiness, you walk in the consciousness of eternity.
A life control by the Spirit is the life of holiness (Rom 6:1-2; 8:1-2, 8). If a clergy man cannot please God, he is finished. When we do well, we please God (Job 1:8; 1 Peter 2:9; John 4:34; 9:4).
Holiness is a choice. It is not a gift. Holiness is when your choice to live uprightly is backed by the grace of God. Nobody can force you to live uprightly; it is a choice you make. To pursue holiness is to pursue God.
Rt Revd Dr. James Olusola Odedeji,
Bishop, Diocese of Lagos West