WITH DAVID, THAT GOD IS UNQUESTIONABLE Bishop Segun Adeyemi
According to the Rt Revd Segun Adeyemi, the Bishop of Kwara Diocese, the theme, the Lord is My Shepherd (Psalm 23:1), includes the assurance of salvation. The Psalm is a publication of experience of warriors who was lonely. It is a revelation of eternity and that it is a statement of somebody who has experience the presence of God.
The Bishop of Kwara affirmed that with David, God is unquestionable such that when things were wrong, he acknowledged the Lord as the Shepherd of his life (2 Chronicle 32:31). He also said there are times when God will decide to be silent, you will call on Him and He will not answer. In such style of calamity, God is still the Shepherd.
Bishop Adeyemi pointed out five challenges
1. And Pharaoh said, who is the LORD that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD; neither will I let Israel go. (Exodus 5:2) There are believers who are asking the same statement of Pharaoh today. When you are ungodly things, you are asking who this LORD God is. Speaking in tongue is not an evidence of true sonship of God.
2. Stop worrying when you are in the valley but trust God.
3. God is impressed when you look beyond problem.
4. The way to get along with this God is to trust God Hebrews 11:6
5. When you consistently trust God, He will make you exceptional.
6. No time is much than when there is great difficulty.
7. Whatever fuel cost, the Lord is my Shepherd.
He concluded that if God is not in your present, rapture is evitable for you.
Revd Oluwole Ibikunle