I DO NOT COLLECT ONE KOBO TO PREFER ANY PRIEST Bishop Odedeji
The Bishop of the Diocese of Lagos West (Anglican Communion), the Rt. Revd. Dr. James Olusola Odedeji exclaimed, I do not collect one kobo because I want to prefer any priests. This he said at the Holy Communion Service of Induction of 10 new Canons and Collation of 4 news Archdeacons of the Diocese of Lagos West held on Sunday October 4, 2015 at the Archbishop Vining Memorial Church Cathedral, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos.
The Bishop admonished that those preferred should see it as a call to diligence in their duty posts and that there would be no room for arm-chaired Archdeacons in his era. He further stressed that the churches were clamouring for vibrant priests to be posted to them everyday. He sited the case of one of the newly collated Archdeacons, the Venerable Festus Olowosile, whom two senior Archdeacons were fighting to have him posted to their Archdeaconries; he then decided to transfer him to the Cathedral to settle the matter between them. He later posted him to St Stephen s Anglican Church, Abule-Okuta in Bariga Archdeaconry where he turned the Church around within a short time and that led again to his posting to St Paul s Anglican Church, Owutu as Acting Administrator of Owutu Archdeaconry until his preferment as the Archdeacon of the same.
The Diocesan then encouraged the members to continually pray for their priests because it is difficult to lead human being. He concluded that when a member fought his priest in the Church it showed that such member had not got salvation experience.
The newly preferred are:
1. The Revd AJAYI, Adeniyi Olukayode
2. The Revd OKUNDALAYE, Sunday Abiodun Godwin
3. The Revd ENIH, Joel Edafe
4. The Revd Dr. OLADIMEJI, Samuel Olugbenga
5. The Revd OLAKIITAN, Willaims Sanyaolu Babajide
6. The Revd ODUSANYA, GbekeleOluwa Adeolu Toluwalope
7. The Revd TAIWO, John Adebowale
8. The Revd ADESOYE, Stephen Oluwole
9. The Revd AGOMUO, Joseph Ogbonnaya
10. The Revd MADANDOLA, David Idowu
1. The Revd Canon NWABASILI, Theodore Eberechukwu
2. The Revd OLOSILE, Festus Olutayo
3. The Revd DOKUNMU, Oluwaseun Bolatito
4. The Revd Canon OLAJIDE, Olugbenga Ayedele
The Revd Oluwole Ibikunle