DIOCESE OF LAGOS WEST (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)
THEME: GOD IS OUR REFUGE AND STRENGTH
TEXT: PSALM 46:1
TOPIC: WHEN GOD REFUGES HIS PEOPLE
OBJECTIVES – To teach how God refuges his people.
- To teach our roles in allowing God to refuge us.
The Scripture is written for our learning is the sure Word of God that we can always refer to know the ways and acts of God in the past. God has always play vital roles in making sure that His children are kept from danger and the hand of the enemy. He delights in keeping His own. Let examine from the Word of how God has refuged in the past.
1. Why will God refuge His people? Deut 7:7-8; Isa 42:6; 43:5, 7, 21; 44:2, 6, 21, 24; 45:4
2. From the following Scriptures, what instrumentality will God use and how will He refuge His people? Psalm 91:4,11,12; Exodus 12:5-7, 12-13; 23:20, 23; 14:19; Rev 12:11; I Peter 3:12; Psalm 33:5
3. What are our responsibilities for God to refuge us? Deut 7:9; Deut 23:21; Exod 32:34; Num 14:11, 35; De 18:19; Josh 24:19; Psalm 91: 14, 15
4. Identify what happens when God refuges His people? 2 Chron 20:17, 21-29; Exod 14:17-28; Acts 16:25-27; Esther 5
God is faithful and we must come to the knowledge and experience of His faithfulness. When God refuges His people, the enemy will not go not free. God will devastate them to show that He is God and that He cares for His people. Be ready to take responsibility regularly to stay as apple of God’s eyes.
MEMORY VERSE: Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
JESUS IS LORD